Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A California Wedding in Black and White

 I run a small businessmen from home FLEUR by CHRISTY doing holiday decor, events, and floral. I was recently organizing photos on the family computer and came across some fun shots from a wedding I did over the summer in my home state of California. If done right, the color scheme of black and white can be very glamorous and sophisticated. I hope I achieved that feel with these floral arrangements.
I mad tons of satin flowers, not only for the cake but for the broach bridal bouquet.

It was the first broach bouquet I have ever made.....it was heavy but it looked beautiful with the brides dress!

The bridesmaids had simple bouquets of white hydrangea with curls of bear grass. Apparently I was a dummy and didn't take any pictures of the boutonnieres or mother's corsages...oops!

So many centerpieces! I ended up doing these fun A-symmetrical arrangements with calla lilies, hydrangeas, bear grass, and black mums

Blurry pic alert...sorry

This was my favorite arrangement of the whole event, the buffet table arrangement. It all started with the perfect vase my sister happen to have on hand. Then I found these awesome black calla lilies and super bear grass at the flower mart.
Those black calla lilies were AMAZING! They weren't cheap, but for one dramatic arrangement they were worth it!

Maybe this post will bring a little glamour and bling to your dreary February day.

No comments:

Post a Comment